(Updates from 29/3/2020 are in red)
As you would all be aware, there is a growing concern around the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and we want to take this opportunity to let you know the steps we are taking to ensure the health and safety of both patients and staff at Adelaide Crows Sports Medicine Clinic.
We are regularly reviewing the Department of Health Website as well as implementing the recommendations made by the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
We want to assure you that we are working hard to keep you safe at Adelaide Crows Sports Medicine Clinic and ask that you help us with some of the following:
- Our reception staff will be asking a few short screening questions when you book your appointment. If you have an existing booking already, please consider the following to help to stop the spread-
- If you traveled overseas in the last two weeks, or been interstate since the 23/3/2020, then please stay home and rebook when the two weeks have passed.
- If you have been in contact with someone that has or is suspected to have COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment when two weeks have passed.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a fever, cough, flu like symptoms, diarrhea or sore throat- please call us on 83472043 to reschedule your appointment for when you are back on your feet.
- If you are in the high risk group ( over 65, have blood pressure, heart condition, diabetes or chronic lung issues), but are otherwise well, we will ask you to wait in your car when you arrive at the clinic. We will then call you or come and find you when it is time for your appointment. This will prevent you coming into contact with other patients and limit the time you are in the clinic.
- If you have a cough due to another medically known condition, please let our reception staff know on arrival, so we are aware of this to avoid other patients becoming unnecessarily concerned.
- Our staff are cleared of the above criteria and are following strict infection control measures to ensure the environment you are entering is as safe as we can make it.
What you will notice in the treatment room.
- Our physios are not wearing gloves and face masks. The guidelines recommend that face masks are restricted to those who are sick. You will therefore not see anyone in the clinic wearing a face mask. The use of gloves does not keep us, or our patients safe. Covid-19 is spread by droplets and can only enter the body through our eyes, nose or mouth. If we wear gloves, touch you and then touch our face, we are still at risk of infection. Our best measure is to ensure you don’t enter the clinic if you meet the specified criteria and that we both wash our hands before and after the treatment session. We will ensure you do this.
- Our infection control processes routinely involves cleaning and santising treatment beds thoroughly between patients. This process now includes sanitising all surfaces that you are likely to touch like door handles, arm rests on chairs and beds.
- We will limit the number of people in the waiting room to encourage a safe distance between patients.
- Please do not bring other people with you to appointments unless necessary.
- All group and unsupervised exercise classes have been cancelled as of March 26th.
- Remember, you can minimise your risk by washing your hands often, not touching your face unnecessarily, coughing and sneezing into your elbow and keeping one and half metres from other people.
- For further information, please see
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding while we all work together to help prevent the spread of Corona Virus.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us on 8347 2043 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Adelaide Crows Sports Medicine Clinic