GLA:D® is an education and exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis symptoms.
This program is unique in that the education and exercises provided can be applied to everyday activities. You will work on strengthening your body, as well as learning to move correctly and manage symptoms to improve pain.
Outcome measures taken from participants 12 months after they completed the program showed that on average, participants reported a:
- 33% reduction in symptom progression
- 28% reduction in pain
- 20% improvement in quality of life
- 16% less people taking pain mediation
- 9.4% reduction in people taking sick leave from work
Who Would Benefit from the GLA:D® program?
- Morning Joint Stiffness
- Pain on activities such as putting on socks, using stairs, vacuuming, standing or walking for a long time and a restriction in leisure activities.
- Clicking, giving way or grating feelings in the joint.
How does the GLA:D® course work?
Some key things you should know about the GLA:D® course are:
- You need to attend for a continuous 6 week block of exercises, twice a week to obtain optimal results.
- The course includes:
- 1 x 45 minute assessment
- 2 x 1 hour education sessions
- 12 x neuromuscular exercise sessions supervised by the physiotherapist
- a home exercise program
- 1 x 20 minute 3 month follow up assessment
- You can claim on private health insurance extras cover under Physiotherapy for the assessments and exercise sessions included in the course.
- The first course starts September 18th 2018. Click here for session times
If you would like to join our GLA:D AustraliaTM course, you can:
- Call us on 8347 2043,
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book an Initial consult with one of our GLA:D® Accredited Physiotherapists Crystal Waters or Shane Ryan.
To learn more about the GLA:D AustraliaTM program click here.